Takeover bid of MOL for the Slovnaft shares starts today, following the approval of the National Bank of Slovakia

  • National Bank of Slovakia has approved the proposal of MOL's offer for voluntary purchase of 1.44% of Slovnaft shares owned by minority shareholders on 3 May
  • the purchase price per share is set at EUR 84, which is above the 12 month average stock prices for which the shares were traded on Bratislava Stock Exchange till the announcement of MOL’s voluntary bid intention
  • the offer applies to all minority shareholders of Slovnaft, thus provides liquidity for a favorable exit
  • the purchase offer is valid from today and lasts for 70 calendar days

Bratislava, May 10th  2019 - MOL Group has received a notification from the National Bank of Slovakia approving the proposal for the offer to buy out shares of Slovnaft company. All minority shareholders thus have the possibility to sell their shares through one of the stock brokers who are members of the stock exchange as of today. If a natural or legal person holds shares in Slovnaft and would like to take advantage of this offer, they should contact their broker within the next 70 days.

Transactions concluded within this offer will be settled financially and materially upon the expiry of the term of the offer in accordance with the stock exchange rules and the operating rules of the Slovak Central Depository (Centrálny depozitár cenných papierov SR, a.s.).

The method of concluding the share purchase agreement will be made in accordance with the stock exchange rules.

Further information on the acceptance of this offer can also be obtained from the authorized securities broker, OTP Banka Slovensko, a.s., at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Currently, 98.56% of Slovnaft shares are controlled by MOL company. The remaining 1.44% of the shares are owned by minority shareholders, most of whom are private individuals. The aim of the offer is to provide minority shareholders with the possibility to obtain immediate liquidity for their shares at favorable terms and potentially increase MOL’s participation up to 100%.

About MOL Group

MOL Group is an integrated, international oil and gas company, headquartered in Budapest, Hungary. It is active in over 30 countries with a dynamic international workforce of 26,000 people and a track record of more than 100 years in the industry. MOL’s exploration and production activities are supported by more than 80 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon field and its diverse portfolio includes oil and gas presence in 13 countries, with production activity in 8 countries. MOL Group operates four refineries and two petrochemicals plants under integrated supply chain management in Hungary, Slovakia and Croatia, and owns a network of around 1,900 service stations across nine countries in Central & South Eastern Europe. MOL Group is a supplier of polymer products such as polypropylene, low-density and high-density polyethylene with more than 1,000 kt annual sales.

Contacts for media
@: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
T: +421905393161

×
Your browser is out of date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now

×